Saturday, April 2, 2016, 8:00 AM - 3:30 PM
Please extend a personal invitation to women in your parish who may be discerning consecrated life.
The Office of Vocations is hosting a Women’s Discernment Retreat on Saturday, April 2 at 8 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. at Nativity of Mary Catholic Church in Bloomington. The day will include Adoration, Mass, confession, talks, vocations testimonies, discussion panel, fellowship and lunch. Women, ages 16 – 35, are welcome to attend. Registration requested before March 25 by emailing
or calling the Office of Vocations at 651.962.6890.
What is significant, is Sisters from a broad variety of Religious Orders are present and speaking at this upcoming retreat day!
This will be a beautiful day with Religious Sisters from the following Communities:
- Nashville Dominican Sisters
- Little Sisters of the Poor
- Pro Ecclesia Sancta Sisters
- Missionary Sisters of Charity
- Missionary Sisters of St. Peter Claver
- Handmaids of the Heart of Jesus
- Franciscan Sisters from the two (different) congregrations:
1. Franciscan Clarist Congregation (They have a local mission here in the archdiocese)
2. Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity (This is the only community represented from out of state; they are from the Green Bay, Wisconsin diocese).
The scheduled talks will include:
- Who is a Consecrated Woman? (given by Nashville Dominicans)
- Listening to God’s voice in the midst of other voices in your life (given by Sr. Jacqueline Spaniola, OSF)
- How to discern God’s will: St Ignatius’ 3 Modes of Discernment (given by Sr. Eileen, PES)
- Where to go from here (given by Mother Mary Clare, Handmaid of the Heart of Jesus)