"It is in dying that we are born to eternal life"
As Catholics we believe in the dignity of the human person created in the image and likeness of God. Even in death, God calls us to love and care for our dear ones and treat their earthly remains with dignity. At St. Vincent de Paul we are blessed to have a cemetery. Our cemetery is a living expression of these truths.
The first records of interment at St. Vincent de Paul Cemetery is in 1856, about 2 years after the founding of St. Vincent de Paul Church in Osseo. Throughout the years since, the Cemetery has been a place for parishioners and other families to honor lives of loved ones. Today there are approximately 3,500 buried at St. Vincent de Paul Cemetery. Only a few unsold graves remain in the original Cemetery. In 1934, the Parish purchased farmland acreage directly to the south of the established cemetery, and in 2007 obtained approvals to expand for the long term future.
In 2014 we opened our expansion. The expansion contains garden and courtyard sections with over 300 new traditional grave sites, more than 70 cremation grave sites, and a beautifully designed columbarium that contains more than 300 niches for cremation. The expansion also includes numerous new opportunities to remember and commemorate our loved ones, with monuments and walkways, as well as a new location for outdoor Mass and other liturgical services.
We are honored to help you during this life transition.