What does St. Vincent de Paul Youth Ministry do?
- Youth Ministry responds to the needs of young people and provides opportunities to foster their relationship with God!
- Through worship, service, social, and catechetical experiences, Youth Ministry allows the young person to become an active member in the Catholic Church!
- The youth listen to the Gospel and begin to respond to the journey to which God is calling them!
- Youth Ministry allows the youth to travel on that journey in a safe and respectful environment while learning about the awesome power of God's Love!
WANT INFORMATION ON ALL OF OUR SUMMER MINISTRIES?
Click Here for JUNIOR HIGH
Click Here for SENIOR HIGH
New Parent Link
Parents of teens in grades 7-12 can get regular emails with the weekly Youth Group theme, music and movie reviews and other information relevant to parents of teenagers! Sign up now!
WHAT DOES IT CONSIST OF:
Junior High (7th & 8th grade)
- Edge is our weekly youth group on Wednesdays from 5-6pm
- EDGE LIVE is fun social events that happen about once a month
- Summer Stretch is a summer service program
(Check out the Junior High Page for more details)
- LUKE 18 Retreat is an opportunity for Junior High teens to encounter God
(Check out the Retreat page for more details)
Senior High (9th-12th grade)
- LIFE Nights are our weekly youth group on Wednesdays from 7:30-9pm
- Senior High leaders are needed to help with EDGE and Summer Stretch
- Christpower is our summer mission trip
- Steubenville Youth Conference is a summer gathering for teens in the midwest
- Retreats, Ski Trips and Lock-outs and other events are done throughout the year
(Check out the Senior High Page and Retreat Page for more details)
- CORE Team: A diverse CORE group of adults of different experiences, ages, educational and professional backgrounds, helps to bring a great deal of creativity to the program. The main job of a CORE member is to reach out to teens, both on an individual basis and a group basis. Also, the CORE members help to plan and implement all LIFE nights and retreats.
- "Dream Team": The Youth Ministry Board is a group of adults and Senior High Youth that meets once a month to discuss the vision and goals of Youth Ministry at St. Vincent de Paul. They also aid the Youth Minister in planning events for Junior and Senior High youth.
*It is the policy of the Youth Ministry Department That In The Case Of A Tornado Warning, Winter Storm Warning, Or Any Other Type Of Emergency That The Scheduled Event Will Be Cancelled. Please Call Molly With Any Questions About This Policy (763-425-2210).
Approximately once a month, the Freedom Choir (youth choir) is scheduled to sing at Mass. They practice every Wednesday night at 6:15pm in the church right after the EDGE and right before LIFE Nights. We want to get as many people involved as we can. So JOIN FREEDOM!!! You can show up any week and join anytime.