We are ALWAYS looking for parents and grandparents to become more involved! If an area listed below interests you, please call one of the H&S Board members, we NEVER have too many volunteers.
Book Fair -This group works with our school librarians to assist the coordination of Scholastic Book sales held twice per school year.
Cafeteria - Daily help is needed in our school cafeteria assisting in all areas of meal service.
Community Service - This committee promotes the value of community service and charity which also helps to instill this virtue in our students.
Ice Cream Social - The Ice Cream Social is held at the annual School Open House held in late August. Volunteers help organize and promote the event, order ice cream, distribute it during Open House, and clean up. The time commitment for this event is very minimal; the required availability is simply the few hours in which the families come to visit the Open House in August.
Kindergarten Round-up - Volunteers help the office staff organize the Kindergarten Orientation program for parents and registered Kindergarten students for the upcoming school year. Responsibilities include assisting the office and Kindergarten teachers in set-up, welcoming the parents and children to the open house, preparing packets, and leading the prospective students in a school tour.
Library - Volunteers help reshelve books and help student check out and return books. Sign up for a regular time slot (usually for your child's class if you'd like) or be put on the substitute list. Contact Librarian Sue Sutko for more information.
Office - The office is in constant need of volunteers to do a variety of daily clerical needs.
Open House - The Annual Open House is held before school starts each fall. This committee organizes this all day event where representatives from all H&S committees are available. It is here where all SVDP school families arrive to drop off forms, pick up ordered uniforms, pad locks, sign up for volunteer openings etc.
Painless Fundraising - This committee coordinates the merchant programs, which provides funds or equipment to our school. *This can be an at-home volunteer opportunity. Painless Fundraising Clipping Instructions - These programs include:
- Target Visa - School ID: 9106 - 1% of purchases are given to St. Vincent de Paul.
- General Mills "Box Tops for Education" - are worth $0.10 each.
- General Mills "Box Tops for Education" Marketplace - allows you to earn up to 10% of your online purchases to go back to our school. With over 200 participating stores, you can get your shopping done quickly and easily and earn money for St. Vincent de Paul.
- Loaves4Learning - Save UPC Proof-of-Purchases from any Country Hearth or Village Hearth product, each one is worth 5¢.
- Tyson "Project A+" - save Tyson Chicken labels and each is worth $0.24.
- Kemps "Nickels for Schools" - a program where you save Kemps milk caps and each is worth $0.05.
- Land O'Lakes "Save Five for Schools" - a program where you save Land O'Lakes milk caps and each is worth $0.05.
- Campbell's Soup Labels for Education - Soup labels earn St. Vincent de Paul a variety of different school equipment. Clipping Instructions
- French Toast Uniforms - Source Code: QS47EXH - French Toast provides 5% of purchases back to our school.
- Lands End School Uniforms - School Code: 900095902 - 5% of all uniform purchases are returned to our school.
- Educational Outfitters - School Code: MN097 - 5710 West 36th Street, St. Louis Park, MN 55416, Phone 952-927-6778, 3% of all purchases back to our school.
Playground - All families are required to volunteer on the playground two times per school year or pay a mandatory $50 fee. Sign up at Open House.
Rummage Sale - Volunteer to help at the annual rummage sale which provides 100% of its profits to the school. Volunteers helping in either set up or break down of the sale are welcome to pre-shop the Rummage sale before it opens to the public.
Student Social Events - This committee is responsible for the Annual Catholic Schools Week Dance, held the Saturday of the completion of Catholic Schools Week. This group may also plan other Social Events for the students during the school year.
Sunshine Committee - This committee does periodic kind things for the teachers and our staff of St. Vincent de Paul School. They are the ones typically responsible for food contributions for teachers during conferences, notes of inspiration, birthday cards, Christmas bags, end of year gifts and assisting with teacher luncheons.
Uniform Exchange - This group organizes the bi-annual exchange of used uniforms at Open House and Kindergarten Round-Up. Even if you do not have uniforms to donate, you are welcome to the uniforms available. Only items in excellent condition are accepted.